S Y N O P S I S
In the twilight of the second industrial revolution, men and women who make ships and aeroplanes with their hands face the collapse of industry with the tools of 20th century trade union struggle. Two stories, filmed over three years as direct cinema, come together to trace the transformation of production relations in a small region in southern Europe.
Production company: Antonia Films
Associated production: Mar de Leva Producciones
With the collaboration of:
- Cádiz Provincial Council
- Cádiz City Council
- Elamedia Studios
- Ministry of Culture
- Carolina Foundation
- AECID – Spanish Cultural Centres in Malabo and Bata
- Press Association of Cádiz
Shooting formats: 4K / Full HD
Domestic files: 16 mm / Super 8mm / 8 mm
Duration: 70 minutes
Languages: Spanish / Fang
Direction and production: Lorenzo Benítez
Script: Món Fernández-Dans, David Morello, Lorenzo Benítez
Director of photography: Pedro Sara / José Ligero
Sound: Leilah Pérez / Lorenzo Benítez / Amanda Villavieja / Violeta Pagán / María Zafra
Editing: Óscar Clemente
Original music and sound post-production: Romain Manteau
- Editing cut selected at MEDIMED, Euro-Mediterranean Documentary Market (Sitges), in the section of films in advanced editing stage ANTIPITCH. Sitges, 2023.
- Lau Haizetara Documentary Forum – San Sebastian Film Festival, 2021.
- Filma Afro Workshop. Cartagena de Indias, 2020.
- Scholarship for the Ibero-American Film Projects Course, awarded by Ibermedia, Ministry of Culture, AECID, Fundación Carolina, SGAE and EGEDA, 2019.
- Post Production Award, awarded by Elamedia Estudios at the Afrolatam Reality Film Market (Miradasdoc), 2019.
- Writing workshop. Sources2 Script Check. Creative Europe Media Andalusia, 2019.
- Project Lab. L’alternativa Barcelona Independent Film Festival, 2018.